Important Announcement Regarding COVID-19 Requirements
COVID-19 PCR Testing
Starting 24 January 2022, in consultation with the U.S. Embassy and based on CDC guidance all individuals two years and older are now required to undergo a PCR test for COVID-19 within 2 days before their medical examination. If you arrive to your appointment without a valid COVID-19 PCR test you will be referred to the laboratory for testing. We can start your medical examination after we receive the result of your test, usually the next day.
Starting 1 October 2021, CDC has asked all applicants who are eligible to receive vaccinations to receive 2 doses of WHO approved COVID-19 vaccines before completing their examinations.
- All Turkish citizens and Turkish residency holders over the age of 12 are required to complete two doses of the same type of vaccine (2 x Biontech or 2 x Sinovac) and bring the certificate with them to the examination. You cannot complete your examination and continue your visa process unless you have received 2 doses of a WHO approved COVID-19 vaccine.
- All other applicants (from Iran, Iraq, etc. not residing in Turkey) are required to receive 2 doses of a WHO approved (two of the same type, eg. 2 x Biontech or 2 x Sinopharm) COVID-19 vaccine in their home country if the vaccine is available to them and bring the certificate with them to the examination.
Please bring your printed COVID-19 vaccination certificate with you.
You should complete your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible to avoid any delays in your visa process.
These requirements are subject to change (and become stricter) as new rules and regulations are announced by respective countries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get the COVID-19 vaccine in Turkey?
Unless you are a Turkish citizen or have a residence permit you are not eligible to be vaccinated in Turkey.
Do you have the COVID-19 vaccine?
Only facilities designated by the Turkish Ministry of Health can provide COVID-19 vaccines. We cannot provide COVID-19 vaccines.
Which vaccines are approved by the WHO?
The list of approved vaccines can be found here on the WHO website. Vaccines in the list with a set "Decision Date" is considered to be approved. Vaccines commonly known as Pfizer Biontech Comirnaty, Moderna Spikevax, Johnson & Johnson Janssen COVID-19, AstraZeneca Vaxzevria, Covishield, Sinopharm SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine and Sinovac CoronaVac have been approved by the WHO. Pfizer Biontech Comirnaty, Moderna Spikevax and Johnson & Johnson Janssen COVID-19 vaccines are also approved by the US FDA.
I only have a single dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, my next dose is scheduled after my visa interview. What should I do?
You may start your medical examination but your file will not be finished until you get your second dose. Once you receive you second COVID-19 vaccine you may send us your vaccination certificate after which your file will be completed. You will also be required to provide a COVID-19 PCR test result done within the last 48 hours to start the medical examination. Please note the examination validity (6 months) will start at the date of your examination. You may also choose to wait until you've received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Precautions for COVID-19
- Examinations of people with active COVID-19 or who have signs or symptoms of COVID-19 will be postponed until at least 7 days have passed since recovery.
- If you have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 do not make an appointment or come to your appointment if you have already made an appointment and let us know. We will not be able to continue with your examination and reporting until you have recovered.
- Please do not bring any suitcases with you to the medical examination and limit the number of personal belongings (backpacks, bags, etc.) you carry with you.
- You will be required to wear a mask at all times covering both your nose and mouth. No one without a mask will be allowed into the facilities.
- Upon your arrival, your temperature will be checked. Anyone with a fever will be referred to the pandemic hospitals.
- If you are a Turkish citizen you must bring your HES code with you.